converting from 2 handle to 1 handle...

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ezbme, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ezbme

ezbme New Member

Hello all!

I am converting our fiberglass shower from a 2 handle to 1 handle setup. I am wondering if anyone makes plugs or grommets to fill the holes that the 2 handle setup leaves? I really don't want to mess with fiberglass for filling the holes. I have easy access to the back of the wall also if that helps!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Search on remodel plate. These are specifically designed to cover the holes when converting. Each manufacturer generally makes one. You may not find them in all finishes. It is essentially a large trim. The new trim fits on the remodel plate, and the whole assembly covers the old holes.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Bout like this...

[​IMG]