Converting downstairs living room to bedroom suite

Users who are viewing this thread

Bruce Garrison

Reaction score
I am adding a bathroom downstairs in my townhouse, and I wanted to know if I had properly drawn up the drain and vent lines. I wet vent the water closet to the waste stack from upstairs. I included the rough before and after floorplans. I use an AAV at one point as I am not allowed to create any new holes in the roof for the lavatory and shower vent. I may be able to tie into a vent line upstairs instead, but I don't know if I can count on that.

And where am I required to install cleanouts?

Please feel free to critique!

Add Full Bathroom downstairs.png

Floorplan before:
2-2-R.jpg

And after:
2-2-NR.png

Last edited:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't remember how many times I've converted the living room into a bedroom. Been married three times. Hope you find this information helpful.

MKS

Reaction score
Just some ideas.
Investigate horizontal wet vent for bathroom group.
Getting the 2" vent connected properly and out the roof.
dwv_b1.jpg

You may be close. Lav with two inch vent may wet vent your group. Turn the two in ch horizontal drain to three inch connect shower then toilet. You maybe good with two inch prior to toilet. Connect to vertical with a combo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks