Converting deck-mount faucet to wall-mount?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by David95966, Sep 23, 2013.

1. David95966

David95966 New Member

I would like to convert a deck-mount faucet to wall-mount to make cleaning easier and avoid accumulation of water. At first I assumed I would have to reroute plumbing into the wall, but then saw this site which runs the plumbing through the backsplash. This fixture is out of my price range.

image.jpg

How would I use off-the-shelf hardware to achieve the same result as this fixture?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. dj2

dj2 Member

Less than brilliant idea.
    1. The body is held by one nut. In time the faucet will be out of level and it will get loose.
    2. The wooden supply lines cover back splash will deteriorate with leaks.
    3. To change supply lines, you will need to detach the whole cabinet in order to gain access.
    If you absolutely have to have a wall mount, stick to a traditional wall mount faucet.

Wall mount faucets used to be popular, but they disappeared in the last 20-25 years. Go to any faucet shop and you'll see dozens of counter mount faucets available and only one or two wall mount available.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; How would I use off-the-shelf hardware to achieve the same result as this fixture?

You won't. Most of the cost of a faucet is for the "trim" pieces, and they are different for a wall mount faucet than a deck mount one, particularly the spout design. You can mount a deck mount faucet in the wall, or vice versa. The handles would work either way, but the spouts would NOT.
  4. David95966

David95966 New Member

Thank you both for your replies.