Converting Conventional Gerber 1.6 Toilet To Powerflush ( Forced Air)

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by TEDWAT, Jun 28, 2010.

1. TEDWAT

TEDWAT New Member

I have three gerber 1.6 conventional toilets in my house which I built in 1999. The toilets were installed new. These toilets plug often. Can I convert them to powerflush? If so what would it cost?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

No.
    You can't add a pressure assist to a bowl not designed to take it.
    If you need a Gerber pressure assist, you will need to change out the entire unit, tank and bowl.

The bowl you had was a $40 bowl. And yes there were very bad.
    The bowl is most of your problem.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. TEDWAT

TEDWAT New Member

So, you are telling me that I need to buy three new complete units. What brand do you suggest and what is the cost installed?
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Go to the top of this page and click on "Consumer Report on Toilets". From there look at the Toto brand. These are by far the best toilets on the market. Pressure assisted toilets were or are a gimmick some manufacturers came up with to try to make their poorly designed toilets function. They are trouble for the very onset. Those of us that have seen the light and switched to a Toto virtually never have to plunge them. Gerber in particular is a build grade toilet which translated into plain English, a really cheap piece of junk. Builders cut corners on quality to keep the selling price of their homes as low as possible. You can get your Toto from Terry, he's just a short ferry ride away from you.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Toto Drake CST744E with SS114 soft close seat.
    For Port Orchard, it's our basic installation cost plus a $75.00 fee for the ferry.
    We love taking the ferries.

Price to install in the Seattle area here

By far this is our biggest seller of all the brands that we sell.
    And we do sell all the brands.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014