Converting basement single vanity bathroom into double vanity. Have questions

Users who are viewing this thread

figucp0

Reaction score
First of all, let me say thank you to all those who take the time to answer my questions and help me complete this project. I am redoing my bathroom and my fiancé would like to put in a dual vanity. There was originally a single vanity. When I pulled everything out, I decided to replace some of the dry wall that looked like it had gotten wet just to be on the safe side. I took a picture of what is currently there and was wondering if someone could help me figure out the best way to tie the drain for the second vanity into what I currently have. Please note that this installation was previously using a AAV/Studor valve so that is part of the puzzle. What is the best way to do this? I attached the photo.

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_2745_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_2745_1024.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

figucp0

Reaction score
I also wanted to attach this second photo that shows the clean out location incase that needs to be taken into account. It looks like the cover was just screwed directly into the fitting. I don't know if that is normally done but it seemed strange to me.

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_2767_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_2767_1024.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 443
  • thumb_IMG_2769_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_2769_1024.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 423

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Everything is going to need to be moved and refitted.
Without seeing where the new sinks line up and how much pipe there is to work with behind the wall, there is not a clear answer.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I also wanted to attach this second photo that shows the clean out location incase that needs to be taken into account. It looks like the cover was just screwed directly into the fitting. I don't know if that is normally done but it seemed strange to me.
Cut... put autovent between traps

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks