Convertible Jet Pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

42skidoo

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what a convertable jet pump is. I have a shallow well at 34 feet and I'm researching shallow well pumps. Also wondering about something called an injector. Is this an option only related to convertable pumps? :confused:

Cheers

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The jet assembly is not built into the pump head and is removable in case you need to put the jet down the well.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It is a single line shallow jet pump that can be converted to a 2 line deep well jet pump by adding a j-body and second line down the well. A deep well jet pump is used when you need to lift water from deeper than a shallow well jet pump can lift (25' at sea level). Not all shallow well jet pumps are convertible.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
You said: The jet assembly is not built in to the pump head and is removable in case you need to put the jet down the well.

Which is contradictory and not very clear to a novice, and there is no explanation why he'd want a convertible pump or what they are used for, so I defined it for a novice to easily understand, like a high schrool teacher should.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Every day in every way you never fail to meet my expectations.

What exactly is "contradictory"? The jet is not built into the head of a convertible pump, it is a separate unit that bolts on. Do you really think that concept is beyond his abilities? But just for you here's pictures. Everybody likes pictures.

A JRS with the jet built in and a JRD without the jet. Is that CLEAR ENOUGH fo ya ? or do you still need to get your 2 cents in?

You really are a piece of work

Attachments

• J5S.JPG
    J5S.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 526
  • jrd.JPG
    jrd.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Oh I love pictures and IMO to be clear, the bolted on part would be pictured on a convertible pump.

Here's a picture of a convertible jet pump that I converted to use for well cleaning/sanitizing. The picture was taken with part of the pump etc. in shadows and now compressed/resized and blown up to be uploaded here, the shadows became black smudges but, the bolt on part is perfectly clear and so is how it is bolted on and plumbed. As a teacher, I would always use clear and factually accurate visual aids.

Attachments

• convertiblejet.JPG
    convertiblejet.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh yea, that's clear enough to tell me all I need to know right there. Nice plumbing and wiring job. Mind if I add that picture to my collection?

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Oh yea, that's clear enough to tell me all I need to know right there. Nice plumbing and wiring job. Mind if I add that picture to my collection?
Yeah I didn't think you'd be able to appreciate the purpose and flexibility of the multiple role, quick to setup and tear down modularity design but I didn't have time to crop the picture.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't think you'd be able to appreciate the purpose and flexibility of the multiple role, quick to setup and tear down modularity design but I didn't have time to crop the picture.

No, I do, really, it's a true work of art.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks