Contractor disappeared, need help hooking up storage tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith Anderson

Reaction score
A contractor I had installing a 2500 gal storage tank disappeared on me so I am trying to finish it up myself. The tank is in and lines are run to my well house. I have a submersible pump (2hp I think) set at about 400' going through a pressure tank and to the house which is 200' away and about 50' rise in elevation (plus it's a 2 story house). The contractor provided a F&W CJ101 pump, a CSV125 valve, a check valve, a Pumptec and the float switch that is already installed in the tank. From the reading I have been doing, the Pumptec will be set up to protect the submersible pump and I assume that the CSV is to protect the booster pump. My question is how should the system be plumbed up. Can someone provide me with a diagram showing how I should plumb everything together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Anderson

Reaction score
The F&W pump is 2hp - CJ101B201.
The Cycle Stop Valve is a 60psi valve CSV1.25-60.
I also have the following:
Flomatic 1-1/4" Brass Check valve.
Square D 30/50 pressure switch FSG2-3050M4
F&W Control Pumptec Plus
The Float Switch is a SJE Rhombus 15PMPUWOP

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That 2 stage pump can only build 69 PSI. To work with a 60 PSI CSV, you will need to turn the pressure switch up to about 45/65. Then you will need a little larger tank than comes with the Pside-Kick kit. I would use at least a 20 gallon size tank. Plumb the booster, CSV, tank, and switch like the one at the bottom right of this link. The curly thing is just a hose going to the pressure tank, which can be done with hard pipe if you want.
http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/prod_csv1_apps.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks