Constant Water flow through water softener drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

Dale M.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an ecowater system 3000 R30 plus. I have recently had a continuous noise coming from the system. There is a constant flow out of the water in valve drain. I took apart the valve on the "water in" side. All parts there seem good and rings seem in good repair although the flow washer was not present. This is the first time I have removed these parts and the constant flow is new so it doesn't seem like this would be the cause. Any other thoughts as to why the flow would be continuous? Thanks.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The constant flow to the drain is cause by the rotor seal. You may want to look at the outlet side as well. As for the flow washer, I've got a friend sending me a manual to refresh my memory (haven't worked on one since 1998). I have excess to parts if you need them. You can e-mail at affordablewtr@aol.com

Dale M.

Reaction score
I just bought a valve disc kit and replaced the inlet and outlet discs as well as the spider seals on both sides and three small o-rings....still didn't fix it. That was the fix recommended by ecowater tech support....not sure what else to try other than to call an ecowater guy out. Bummer

Dale M.

Reaction score
Oh, and the flow washer isn't supposed to have any effect....apparently its just a flow rate limiter but not a seal..

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you inspect the groove that the seal sit in to insure it was not broken? The only cause for the problem have I seen is: Rotor seal bad, rotor shaft cracked or seal groove broken.

CESWater

Service Contractor
Reaction score
Also if the micro switch is bad then the unit will not find home correctly and the rotor may sit in a possition alowing water to flow...... 99 times out of 100 the cause of water running to drain is bad seal or cracked rotor shaft. on a very rare occasion you may find the main housing itself to be cracked, but that usually results in an external leak.......

I just found this forum today.... I am an Ecowater authorized service person in Salinas, CA

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.... I can also supply parts...

Info@CenturyEnvironmentalServices.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks