Considering Utramax or Drake, help?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by nancystamps, Aug 8, 2010.

1. nancystamps

nancystamps New Member

I'm trying to decide between these two models. I'd like to stay with a round bowl due to the small size of my bathroom. Is either model available with round bowl and the ADA height? Also, I've read the soft close seat is small and/or uncomfortable...do standard round seats fit the Toto models?

I should add that I wish to get the 1.6 gal, not the eco.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Toto sells some in what they call comfort height, which is close to ADA. ADA rated pretty much means elongated. The soft-close seats are more shaped than some and tend to force you to sit where you should on the toilet. They do make some that are less 'fitted'. Seats are generic on most toilets and come in two styles: round and elongated. Choosing an off-brand may not match the contours as close, but it will fit - color may not match as well, either. This is totally subjective. The big thing is the bolt holes, and for most toilets, those are standard.

Depending on the brand, an elongated may NOT be longer than another brand's round. You need to check the spec sheets carefully. Any males in the family will much prefer the elongated.
  3. nancystamps

nancystamps New Member

Thanks, Jim! When I referred to ADA I was referring (probably mistakenly) to the comfort-height. (I'm new to all this toilet lingo) I will check the spec sheets for how far the bowls come out, thanks for that tip.