Connecting your IPhone or Blackberry to your shower's sound system - Bluetooth WiFi

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by johnfrwhipple, Apr 15, 2012.

1. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

I'm wrapping up another steam shower build here in Vancouver and it's the first time working with the ThermaSol "Ultimate Package" which includes an amazing light and speaker kit. The shower's sound and lighting is all contained into one package and the sound is incredible.

I struggled a bit learning how to hook it up and then decided as a last resort to read the instructions. :D

To play your ITunes on your ThermaSol sound system you need to do the following;

First switch the Music On and change the input to input one or two (there are two jacks on the back of the steam shower sound system and one is plugged into a Bluetooth Reciever).

Then switch your bluetooth on your phone and look for the ThermaSol speaker. It appeared as Belkin G96 on my phone. I'm not sure if that's the same for every unit. Once you find it - Pair your phone to that device.

[​IMG]

Go to Settings then select General

[​IMG]

Then select Blue Tooth

[​IMG]

Then pair your phone with the speaker!

Then from my IPhone I played my song list and pressed the air play button and the tunes rocked out in the shower.

That's it.

I'm thinking of making a video of the process and will try and upload that up tonight.

Since the first round of testing we have learned that my client can also play here ITunes from her Mac Book and with WiFi use the ThermaSol speaker as an external speaker. This means she cal lie in bed and listen to her music from her en-suite speaker. The sound is really good and you need to hear to appreciate how good it really is.
  2. johnfrwhipple

[​IMG]

The finish is so shiny on this speaker you could shave with it!

[​IMG]
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Who actually buys crap like this?
    I think it says a lot about people and the world today.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Rich folk.
  5. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

I wired in whole house audio with Paradigm speakers....my bathroom booms. The whole house booms:D
  6. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

I wonder how well Dragon would work for email on the CrackBerry? Now that could be very useful time in the shower. Rather than be confronted with hundreds of emails when you get to your office, you could knock most of them off in your morning shower.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/8108/

I know you can get an LCD display into your vanity mirror to read your email but my mirror gets all fogged up and I can't see without my glasses anyway.
  7. Killer95Stang

Killer95Stang New Member

I contemplated putting a ceiling speaker in the bathroom connected to the second zone of my living room receiver. Instead, I'm building niche into the wall with an outlet so can just put an Ihome dock player to put my wife's Iphone or Ipad in there. I refuse to use Apple products, so I might have to find one that works with my android phone and tablet.
  8. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

WELL..........I figure when water costs more than gasoline, maybe by next year.....I will settle for singing in the shower, sans the fancy lights and assorted twidget hookups. Just MY opinion.f
  9. johnfrwhipple

Take it easy Cacher Chick. The lady who bought this is a fantastic lady and a friend of a friend. She has also suffered with Lyme disease for almost 20 years. I'm not sure how much you know about lyme disease but it is a horrible condition for anyone to have.

The steam shower allows her to sweat - to detoxify her body. With the many treatments she is on this is her refuge and one of the few natural healing things she can do.

Sadly the fact that these steam rooms are a pricy addition to a regular shower does put them outside the grasp of most people. I have built them for all sorts of clients.

Not all are rich, not all are old - but they all have suffered from some aliment that regular steam showers help with.

To understand how wonderful a steam shower is you really need to try one. Not some dingy Y room but go to some upscale hotel and give it a go. You might even consider one for yourself!

Here is a peak at our latest steamer build here in Vancouver.

[video=youtube_share;ZSLkSUkXjQE]http://youtu.be/ZSLkSUkXjQE[/video]

JW
  10. johnfrwhipple

So the steam shower is working fantastic and really helping my client with her mobility issues. Yesterday she could barley walk and her legs where very stiff. A 25 minutes steam with a friend and she was a new girl. I understand that she has a stretching routine that is made easier with the help of steam. I'm sure the showers grab bars help as well.

A few more pictures;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]