Connecting two water storage tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Houser

Reaction score
I have a well with a 3000 gallon storage tank. I'm trying to add a second tank to increase my storage capacity for the drier summers in California. I'm wondering the best way to connect the second tank. The inflow from the well and the outflow to the irrigation are already connected to the first tank. My first plan was to put a 2" PVC pipe from the lower connection point in the second tank into a new hole drilled into the first tank, but I'm hesitant to cut a new hole in the tank. (Plastic storage tanks). Currently the outflow to the pressure pump from the first connection is a metal, not PVC, threaded pipe. Would it make sense to put in a T here before the water enters the pump and the pressure tank? This method would make the PVC connection pipe going to the second tank about 10 feet long, versus a 3 foot connection if I drilled a new hole isn't the original tank on the other side (next to the new tank).

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just connect the bottom ports on both tanks. It is OK if they are also connected to the booster pump suction. The length of pipe won't make much difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks