Connecting PVC to Copper pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by JJFLAWLESS, May 27, 2005.

1. JJFLAWLESS

JJFLAWLESS New Member

I am replacing my in-laws bathroom cabinet and sink. The drain pipe is 1 1/4 inch copper piping and is coming out of the side wall. I want to cut the copper pipe at the wall and connect PVC pipe to it and run the drain pipe to the back wall to enter the cabinet from the back side. Can copper and PVC be joint together? Or is there another suggestion?

Jim
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pvc

Yes, but 1 1//4" is too small to do it and I do not know how you can do it without more 90 degree turns than you should have in the drain line.