Connecting a sewage pump

Users who are viewing this thread

LI_JP

Reaction score
I have a question I think I already know the answer to, but I'm asking anyway.

I have buried the basin and all lines, ran vents and I'm ready to connect the ejector to the main line. The pit is about 3 feet below the main house trap pictured below, which exits into the wall to the left. The vertical pipe to the left is a vent and the one to the right is the main waste line.

Instead of snapping into that main line with a tee fitting, would there be any negative consequences to connecting to the threaded connection on the left side of the trap? Not sure what that is for. (Not pictured, but to the left of this pic is the clean-out that goes straight to the cesspool.)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You should be cutting in a WYE downstream of the trap. My state code would require the connection to be made at least 40" downstream from the base of the stack.

Reach4

Reaction score
While you are making changes, you might want to consider getting rid of that trap. I suggest you try this search in your favorite search engine: "whole house trap" septic

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks