Connecting a 1-1/4" fleck 7000 bypass valve to water supply

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by geod, Feb 23, 2011.

1. geod

geod New Member

Connecting a 1-1/4" fleck 7000 bypass valve to 3/4" water supply

Hi,

I just got a new water softener in to replace our old sears kenmore water softener. It's has a Fleck 7000 control valve with a 1-1/4" plastic bypass valve. The new water softener bypass valve came with two plastic 1-1/4" male threaded plastic fittings to connect to the water supply.

My problem is that currently the kenmore is connected with two corrugated copper hoses that are 3/4" on the water supply side and 1" on the water softener side. I've looked in home depot, but couldn't find anything to connect my 3/4" water supply to the new water softener's 1-1/4" threaded connections.

Any suggestions on where I can find a connector.

Thanks,

geod
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Are the copper hoses threaded on both ends? If so, you can convert to pvc simply by attaching a pvc female adaptor on the incoming line then bushing up to 1 1/4" and attach a female adaptor to the bypass valve. Do the same on the soft water side.
  3. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Look for a plumbing supply house for the part that you are looking for.
    You might find the 1 1/4 to 3/4 in one part or you might have to step it down in 2 or 3 parts per side..
  4. geod

geod New Member

Thanks for the replies. I visited the local plumbing supply house and got a 1 1/4 to 1" corrugated stainless steel hose along with a 1" to 3/4" bushing. I've got the softener hooked up and its working great.