Connecting #6 conductors

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Smith333, May 9, 2010.

1. Smith333

Smith333 Member

I need to connect (2) #6 conductors, but the largest wire nut I can find will only handle (1) #6 with (1) #8. Does such a wirenut exist or do I have to use something else? TIA
  2. Lightwave

Lightwave New Member

There are wirenuts for #6 wire. Keep looking.

edit: Ideal part 30-454 is what you want.
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

For the load you must have, I would prefer "Bundy lugs" or similar which clamp the wires together, and then tape over them.
  4. Smith333

Smith333 Member

Thanks for the info, I had to try a different store and they had the correct wire nuts. It's for a hot tub neutral in a service disconnect box (GFCI breaker is in main panel).
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010