Connect flange to lead pipe in 'new' construction

Users who are viewing this thread

idloveaguinness

Reaction score
OK - here's the setup. Pro's got me all the way to 5/8" plywood with a lead pipe (3"?) sticking out of a 4" (or so) hole in the plywood that I need to connect to a flange. I've got about 16" of the lead pipe to work with. So, I guess I am putting the wonderboard and tile down, staying (how?) close to the toilet drain pipe, leaving notches for the flange bolts.

How (and at what point) do I connect the lead pipe to the flange? Is there an epoxy or a compression fitting or something else? Is there a special flange I should use?

Regards,
Kevin

MG

Reaction score
On our small bathroom I had a lead pipe to attach to as well. It originally had been cut down and flattened out to make a "flange" - which it wasn't. Cut it flush to the floor and got a "Twist and Set" style flange which has a threaded rubber coupler(?) that expands as you twist the flange. It worked real well for that.

A "two finger" flange might be another solution.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks