Connect existing black ABS to new brass (chrome finish) trap

Users who are viewing this thread

rkb

Reaction score
I'm converting a vanity to a pedestal sink.

The trap and drain pipe is black ABS plastic. Because that will now be (partially) exposed, I want to cut the ABS inside the wall and connect a brass (with a chrome finish) pipe to it (and continue that to a new brass trap also with a chrome finish). Because of the location of a joint inside the wall, if I use a Fernco connector, the Fernco will then extend outside the wall, which kind of defeats the aesthetic purpose in the first place.

How can I connect the new brass pipe to the existing ABS plastic inside the wall without a Fernco connector?

Thanks!
Rob

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm converting a vanity to a pedestal sink.

The trap and drain pipe is black ABS plastic. Because that will now be (partially) exposed, I want to cut the ABS inside the wall and connect a brass (with a chrome finish) pipe to it (and continue that to a new brass trap also with a chrome finish). Because of the location of a joint inside the wall, if I use a Fernco connector, the Fernco will then extend outside the wall, which kind of defeats the aesthetic purpose in the first place.

How can I connect the new brass pipe to the existing ABS plastic inside the wall without a Fernco connector?

Thanks!
Rob

Usa a fit in trap adaptor which should extend out just beyond the drywall. There is a chrome flange which comes with the chrome p-trap which will cover the trap adaptor once you've tightened it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks