Connect Drain Under Free Standing Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need access to under the tub, leading to the drain set, large enough for a wrench. You need to cut the concrete.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
What the said is not really true. They make a floor kit. I'll get back to u on this. But you just drop the tub in with a tail piece and makes a water tight seal. I've done 2 so far in a high end hotel. This one had one and it worked great. Expensive though

island-tub-drain.jpg

Attachments

• 20160504_164120.jpg
    20160504_164120.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC1

Reaction score
What the said is not really true. They make a floor kit. I'll get back to u on this. But you just drop the tub in with a tail piece and makes a water tight seal. I've done 2 so far in a high end hotel. This one had one and it worked great. Expensive though

island-tub-drain.jpg
Is this the Rapid Connect product?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
NO! These are a disaster waiting to happen. Good example of things that are made but should never be sold. They are sold to unsuspecting DIY looking for a cheap and/or easy way to do an difficult job. No real plumber would even consider these things.

DaveC1

Reaction score
Ok. .. thanks for the tip.... probably the Inspector would have required me too replace it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks