confused, need possible reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

drew53813

Reaction score
A relative of mine had a backed up laundry drain that I snaked with my ridgid drain cleaning machine. I couldnt advance the snake when I got to a certain point, so I pulled the snake back and stopped. I used a bladder bag, and that opened the drain with no problems. What defects in a pipe would cause a snake to not be passed but a bladder bag to unclog the line? I am confused by all this. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The use of an incorrect fitting, or too many changes of direction can stop a snake. It might work okay at allowing waste, but say using a SanTee where a Y is called for can be a problem. If the pipe has a partial obstruction, the snake may not pass, but blowing it out might make it big enough to flow. In that case, either a proper cutting head or repair of the pipe might be called for if it's not a fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks