Moen Hydrolock. Confused about (old style?) leak under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

rnick1976

Reaction score
I've got a Moen pullout kitchen faucet (maybe 5-6 years old), I just had a small leak start under my sink. The source of the leak is what appears to be the hydrolock. It's a relatively slow leak, maybe 2-3 drips per second the faucet is in use.

From what I can tell, the leak is originating at the TOP of the hydrolock (as oriented in the picture below), where it connects with the metal-capped supply line. I cannot tell if I can simply replace the hydrolock and hope that solves the problem, or if this model of hydrolock is permanently connected to the beige supply line; the leaking (top) end of the hydrolock does not have the easy-release clip that the pullout hose side has.

I don't want to muck with it too much before I get some more insight into how to fix it, as the faucet is still at least usable. Any insight into how that supply end can be removed, or any other suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

moen_hydrolock_1.jpg

moen_hydrolock_2.jpg

schrodinger

Reaction score
Just spoke to Moen rep and the answer is can not fix, Buy a New One, which is ridiculous! They offered me 10% discount and after checking with his manager raised it up to 15% rebate coupon.
If this is how they design their products, stay away from them. By the way it's called hydrolock connect.
If you have the older version, that piece of plastic is sold for $12. So basically what they are asking is instead of designing something more robust or simple and cheap to replace, make a bad one, once it's failed , replace at full price. I'm so pissed!

schrodinger

Reaction score
You need to be the first owner to claim that. That is what Ive been told and checked their fine print which states that. I'm the second owner :( It doesnt make sense but whatever...

warfel23

Reaction score
Cut out the hydro lock coupling OUT completely. Buy 1/2 inch reinforced vinyl tubing and two #8 hose clamps. Replace the coupling with the tubing and tighten clamps fully. Works perfectly and saves you having to replacing the faucet.

If above solution is leaking, clamps are not tightened fully.

Good luck!

jackstirjohn

Reaction score
Cut out the hydro lock coupling OUT completely. Buy 1/2 inch reinforced vinyl tubing and two #8 hose clamps. Replace the coupling with the tubing and tighten clamps fully. Works perfectly and saves you having to replacing the faucet.

If above solution is leaking, clamps are not tightened fully.

Good luck!
I've got a Moen pullout kitchen faucet (maybe 5-6 years old), I just had a small leak start under my sink. The source of the leak is what appears to be the hydrolock. It's a relatively slow leak, maybe 2-3 drips per second the faucet is in use.

From what I can tell, the leak is originating at the TOP of the hydrolock (as oriented in the picture below), where it connects with the metal-capped supply line. I cannot tell if I can simply replace the hydrolock and hope that solves the problem, or if this model of hydrolock is permanently connected to the beige supply line; the leaking (top) end of the hydrolock does not have the easy-release clip that the pullout hose side has.

I don't want to muck with it too much before I get some more insight into how to fix it, as the faucet is still at least usable. Any insight into how that supply end can be removed, or any other suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

moen_hydrolock_1.jpg

moen_hydrolock_2.jpg

jackstirjohn

Reaction score
Hi, This is a quick connect hose, look at the picture posted by rnick at top, with one hand squeeze the two white tabs together and with the other hand (fingernail helps) pull off connector from opposite side. There is an o ring on the brass quick connect on the end of your hose that may be failing or maybe the hose is leaking. I just replaced my hose and two months ago replaced the cartridge on my twelve year old kitchen faucet. Moen customer service has been excellent every time I've used them and I've never paid a cent for replacement parts.

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Jeeze, that looks just like the ford fuel line connection to the fuel filter. I hate those things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks