Conduit recommendation for spa

Users who are viewing this thread

MJ32V

Reaction score
Hello all. For rigid non-metalic conduit, what is the conduit size recommendation to run the following 7 conductors in the same conduit?
- 6 AWG: 3 conductors, 8 AWG: 1 conductor, 12 AWG: 3 conductors.
All conductors are THWN. Approximately 90' to 100' run total. Larger conductors to provide power to spa (220v/50A). 12 AWG conductors to provide power to shed (misc power tools w/ low duty cycle pwr requirments).
Also... what is the min. burial depth and any other requirements for burial in lawn? (ie; buried in stone dust, etc?)
Thanks,
MJ

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The NEC Guidelines will spell everything out for you in sections 200 to 250, & 680.

They don't actually spell it out....or maybe I missed it. Didn't there used to be a table where you could cross the wire size with the pipe size?

All I could find were the values for the areas of the pipe and wire. I remember laughing at the 10, #12's in a 1/2" emt column.

You will have plenty of room in 1" unless you do some crazy back to back 90's

18" of cover

Last edited:

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The conduit fill calculator was pretty slick. It took 20 seconds :)

It took me more than 20 seconds to find my high powered reading glasses and find "conduit fill" in the NEC index.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks