Conduit recommendation for spa

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by MJ32V, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MJ32V

MJ32V New Member

Hello all. For rigid non-metalic conduit, what is the conduit size recommendation to run the following 7 conductors in the same conduit?
    - 6 AWG: 3 conductors, 8 AWG: 1 conductor, 12 AWG: 3 conductors.
    All conductors are THWN. Approximately 90' to 100' run total. Larger conductors to provide power to spa (220v/50A). 12 AWG conductors to provide power to shed (misc power tools w/ low duty cycle pwr requirments).
    Also... what is the min. burial depth and any other requirements for burial in lawn? (ie; buried in stone dust, etc?)
    Thanks,
    MJ
  2. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

3. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

They don't actually spell it out....or maybe I missed it. Didn't there used to be a table where you could cross the wire size with the pipe size?

All I could find were the values for the areas of the pipe and wire. I remember laughing at the 10, #12's in a 1/2" emt column.

You will have plenty of room in 1" unless you do some crazy back to back 90's

18" of cover
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

5. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

The conduit fill calculator was pretty slick. It took 20 seconds :)

It took me more than 20 seconds to find my high powered reading glasses and find "conduit fill" in the NEC index.
  6. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

7. MJ32V

MJ32V New Member

That should do it (for now). Thanks guys!

MJ