Condo on a concrete slab

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mtnbiker3000, Oct 4, 2006.

1. mtnbiker3000

mtnbiker3000 New Member

Therefor all of the downstairs plumbing is in the walls and not in the sub floor (as there is none). I am remodeling the DS bath, and desperatly trying to find a NEW solution for the toilet. It must be a wall flush design. Also, idealy, the toilet would still rest on (and attach to) the floor, only flush into the wall (as did the original). However, I don't want to spend a fortune for the replacement. Any ideas???

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Floor mounted, rear outlet toilets are mainly pressure assist units now.
    Gerber 21-310
    American Standard Yorkville
    To name a few.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mtnbiker3000

mtnbiker3000 New Member

Thanks for the ideas! Anything else that anyone might suggest???

5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Terry pretty well summed it up. A rear discharge will be more expensive , and the fact that most will also be pressure assist means yuo will be in the $350 to $500 range. If you pay someone to relocate the drain, the labor will run you much more than that. This sounds like a fairly big job for DIY.

6. mtnbiker3000

mtnbiker3000 New Member

Looks like I'll probably just use the old one then. Maybe once I clean it up and replace the tank internals, it will be OK. Since this toilet is over 25 years old, do I need to worry about any of the bowl sections 'internal' plumbing? Does that peice ever fail or begin to leak? Can I test (pressure?) to make sure I won't ruin the new tile floor and sheet rock on the walls with a faulty toilet?