Condensate Pump tie into DWV

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Lakee911, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

Hi all,
    Curious to see what you guys recomend for using DWV for drain for a condensate pump. Is this the correct procedure? Condensate Pump Drain to air gap to P trap to DWV system? Any better ideas? Air gap needed? If Condensate drain (from A/C) has a trap, do I still need the airgap and trap after the pump?

Thx
    Jason
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pump

The pump makes the condensate connection from the AC an indirect connection so it does not need a trap. The pump should have a check valve on its discharge connection, so you can make any type of connection to the DWV that will work.
  3. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

Oh ya, it does. Thanks

Jason