Condensate Line Clog

Users who are viewing this thread

notsohandyman80

Reaction score
Got a clog in my condensate drain line, close to the unit, on the second floor, but the only line draining out of the house is the one connected to the hot water heater. Certainly, the installer wouldn't have connected the A/C line into water heater line. Or, would he have connected the drain line somewhere else into the house's plumbing.

clocert

Reaction score
Your primary drain should drain to your in house plumbing, secondary should drain to a drain pan which drain to the outside top of a window. No AC drains to outside near the ground.

Last edited:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Most AC drains in my area drain outside to a trap usually about a foot off the ground. Many people collect the condensate and use it to water plants.

Condensate drain.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks