Concrete slab no flange 3.5ID cast iron

Users who are viewing this thread

bob123

Reaction score
While renovating my home bathroom, I found the toilet sits directly on the slab (with wax ring) and no flange at all. Bolts were cemented into the slab. Pipe underneath is cast iron with 3 1/2 or perhaps 3 5/8 inside diameter. House built in 1956. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance...
Bob

enriquehobart

Plumber
Reaction score
You could try two things:

1) Hire a plumber to put a flange in.

2) Put a new wax ring down and reset. Maybe a bad idea?

If you go with option 1) Inform plumber and tile guy of your flooring plans if applicable. The flange should wind up being on top of the finished floor.

I'm an apprentice plumber (1.3 years). Would love to see a pic of that or run into it sometime soon on the job!

Good Luck!

TedL

Reaction score
Look for a flange like this

at HD or any plumbing supply house. Jones-Stephens makes comparable items. Also get four lead anchors fir #14 screws, and get 4 #14x 2 inch stainless screws.

Use a wire brush to clean up the inside of the pipe. Mark te hole locations, drill for the anchors, insert anchors, insert flange, insert screws. Total materials, $25 -30.

I just did this in a similar setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks