Concern I have about Soiree

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mcgillgirl, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mcgillgirl

mcgillgirl New Member

I bought a soiree for the bathroom I'm remodeling, but my plumber is warning me that he's had complaints about the rough in, that there could be a "sewer smell" that comes from the connection between the toilet's spigot outlet and the rubber sleeve of the rough in. The plumber believes that the rubber sleeve is flimsy at the joint.

Has anyone had any issues with this? I don't want to make a mistake here. Thanks!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I'm assuming this has the UniFit adapter? I've got a couple, oldest is about 4-years...they work fine.
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Yep, it uses the UniFit.

Mine's only been installed about a month, but I like the adapter.

For one thing, if you ever need to pull up the toilet (say, to paint or wallpaper behind it), it's quicker and cleaner than if you had to replace a conventional wax seal.

I have to think the engineers at Toto have carefully designed the rubber adapter on the UniFit for durability.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The only thing I've read is if you don't pull straight up, you can dislodge the gasket. I don't think that the plumbers like the extra screws, especially if it is into tile. If you don't have the right bit, it can be really time-consuming. Today's porcelain tile really needs a diamond bit.
  5. mcgillgirl

mcgillgirl New Member

Jadnashua, perhaps this plumber somehow dislodged the gasket and ruined the seal on that job he spoke about. Thanks, all, for your thoughts.