Compression to MIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I need to get an adapter / bushing some type of brass fitting to adapt a 1/2" compression valve/stop for a bathroom sink to a 1/2" MIP.

I got stuck with another 3 "contemporary" "european" bath faucets that hoses fit on a 1/2" MIP.

I just need help if this animal exists to correctly name it so I can go an pick up some.

Thanks
Rem

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score

Attachments

• 653765_front200.jpg
    653765_front200.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 336

TedL

Reaction score
The compression side you show looks to be female, as they all tend to be. Did you mean to say male?

Sounds like you just need to use a 1 inch length of 1/2 inch (that's OD, not trade size, right?) tubing between the stop and the adapter you pictured.

If not, i don't understand what you're saying.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Yes if I used a short length of tubing with the adapter pictured it would work for me. I actually did something similar before to deal with a 3/8" problem.

The vanities these are going under are all glass and looks are important. I would just like a bushing of sorts that will bump the 1/2" comp to pipe. Is that too much to ask for? Am I looking for the adaptor that doesn't exist?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ips

Why not do it the right way and change the valves to the ones with a 1/2 mip outlet? They are almost as easy to find as the standard ones, in fact easier in some areas.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I just changed the valves to the 1/2" from 3/8" because I was told that the faucets were 1/2". I just didn't think the faucet supply lines would be 1/2" FIP.

I will change out the valves in a heartbeat. I couldn't find 1/2" MIP at the Depot only compression valves. If they are common I will check the supply house. Just to double check they come in chrome like regular bath valves, right? Just want to make sure you weren't referring to a brass valve that comes in 1/2" MIP.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valves

The valves will be labeled "slip joint outlet" or 1/2" copper by slip joint. There will be a nut and rubber washer on the outlet that you will throw away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks