Compressed air pipe sizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm running 100 feet of 3/4 copper that will have four 1/2 inch hose connections... All equally spread apart. Would this be large enough? It's a fairly big compressor

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why copper? I've used black pipe in the past with no issues as long as there is an air dryer/filter between the compressor and piping.

Depending on the application you can use 3/4" but if you're going to be using 3/4" or bigger impacts, you'll want 1" main with 3/4" branches. If you're going to painting, you'll want a dryer/filter on that drop too.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why copper? I've used black pipe in the past with no issues as long as there is an air dryer/filter between the compressor and piping.

Depending on the application you can use 3/4" but if you're going to be using 3/4" or bigger impacts, you'll want 1" main with 3/4" branches. If you're going to painting, you'll want a dryer/filter on that drop too.
Running copper cause it will be faster... he wanted plastic... but I've read bad stories on it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks