Compiled Toto Concerns

Users who are viewing this thread

the homeowner

Reaction score
I have a question to leave in your hands for a selection of 2 Toto toilets. Bath 1 (lav, toilet dimensions are 2'5"wide X 2'9" deep, shower) is to be round front standard height, or would you even recommend an elongated based on the dimensions previously set forth? - Aquia II or UltraMax, and bath two (lav, toilet bath/shower) is to be elongated and of a higher height - Aquia III, UltraMax, Soiree, Guinevere or Carlyle.

For bath 2, do you think for how much visible side area there is to have the skirted bowl?

If all are not double siphon, should a double siphon be selected?

Regarding jets, are they angled or straight?

How do jets compare with cyclone?

Unifit setting prone to become weak/brittle, fail in later years if have to take off toilet from floor?

G-Max v. Dual-Max v. Double Cyclone?

Why is Aquia only 1 year compared with 5 year?
Should you see these be more prone to difficulties/failure, is the replacement available?
Can it be done without removing the tank since the system is in the middle of the tank?

Flushing rank best to worst - bath 1: Aquia II or UltraMax?
. bath 2: Aquia III, UltraMax, Soiree, Guinevere, or Carlyle?
Bowl Rinse rank best to worse - bath 1: Aquia II or UltraMax?
. bath 2: Aquia III, UltraMax, Soiree, Guinevere, or Carlyle?

I hope that this may not only shed light onto my issues, but for those who are interested in purchasing similar lines as well, because over the last few days while on an expedition for the best Toto, I heard other similar concerns from other homeowners, some of which are their questions.

Thanks for everything!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The dimmensions you list would accommodate elongated toilets, at least some models - I'd opt for them over a round one. There is NO standard width or depth for a toilet (only a rough-in and the shape of the bowl), so one styles round could be as deep as another's elongated.

There is no reason that would force one situation to use a skirted toilet verses a more traditional one where you can see the trapway - a skirted one will have fewer nooks and crannies for dust and dirt to accumulate, but will function the same. I prefer the skirted look and ease of keeping clean, but not all do.

Toto's double cyclone flush is their newest, low-flow design. It has better bowl wash (I've not had problems without it, but some complain on some models). The older designs still work. If a Toto toilet I wanted had the g-max technology, I wouldn't let not having the cyclone stuff deter me from buying the older stuff (which still works better than most out there).

If you get one that uses the Uni-fit adapter, when removing the toilet, the adapter stays sealed to the flange. There's a slip on rubber fitting that seals the toilet to the adapter - basically a horn from the toilet slides into the rubber bushing. Then, you screw the toilet to the adapter.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you don’t like the look of the exposed trapway, then the skirted bowls will be better.

Toto has a double cyclone rinse, it’s a single siphon jet flush.
Basicly the same as the G-Max but with a better rinse.

Rinse holes on the G-Max go straight down the bowl.
The double cyclone has the water coming out horizontal and it spins around the bowl.
The Aquia rinse is angled to swing around the bowl some.

It’s the rinse they are talking about on the double cyclone.
Both double cyclone and G-max are siphon jet flush

I’ve been installing with Unifit adapters for years. If anything, it makes it easier to remove and replace.

Flush? It hardly makes a difference.
The Dual-Max bowls have less of a water spot, more like a European toilet.
The G-Max and DC have a standard water surface area.

I’ve sold 170 of the Aquia toilets, so far very rock solid.
The flush valve on the Aquia just spins out for replacement.

The best bowl rinse is the double cyclone of the Soiree and Guinevere
Then anything with CEFIONTECT.
And then the rest.

Of all the brands that I sell, the Toto has had the best customer satisfaction.
Less than 1% defects too. Way better than the other brands.

Installation instructions for Aquia

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited:

the homeowner

Reaction score
Well, if the skirt isn't an issue - Aquia II/III or UltraMax?
Overall flushing which better?
Overall rinse which better?
Which is the best of both?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks