Compatible washlet for American Standard Champion toilet with curved back

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by portlandbill, Feb 2, 2011.

1. portlandbill

portlandbill New Member

Can anyone suggest a suitable washlet seat for the attached American Standard round-seat toilet? There is approx.1.5" of relatively flat area behind the mounting holes (mid-point) with a further 2.5" of sharply curved base behind that.
    Also are there any particular washlet models I should avoid?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That is the first thing I noticed when I saw the first Champion bowl a few years back. I don't think American Standard is into the whole washlet/bidet seat thing.

The Clean Sense and the Blooming Bidet will fit it.

If you have space in the bathroom, you would normally get the elongated bowl, especially for using a bidet seat.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  3. portlandbill

portlandbill New Member

Thanks Terry and I will look into it.
    Completely agree on the elongated bowl although as it's a rented property there is not much I can do about the round seat. Round doesn't seem to be designed for humans; not this human anyway.
  4. portlandbill

portlandbill New Member

I went with the Blooming Bidet and it was a good fit. Your advice worked out well.
    I'm closing on a house next week and it looks like it will fit one of the toilets there and I plan to buy a new washlet seat for the other bathroom.

image.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014