Combo ball valve/check valve for ejector pump...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by hhcibtpaun, Jun 15, 2009.

1. hhcibtpaun

hhcibtpaun New Member

Hey everyone,

I am getting the parts together to finish up my basement plumbing. I am now at the point of getting the ejector pump and associated valves.

I am going with the Zoeller M267 pump and I need to get a check valve and ball valve. Originally I was going to get the zoeller check valve and a standard issue ball valve, then I found this:

[​IMG]

This is about double what the separate pieces would be, so is it worth it? If any parts fail can they be replaced??? or do I have to replace the whole deal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Mike
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

That is a much better valve.
    Most check valves give a helluva thump when the pump shuts off.
    This one is quiet.
  3. hhcibtpaun

hhcibtpaun New Member

Thanks...Mike
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valves

If the ball valve fails you will have to cut it off the pipe and get a new one. Parts may or may not be available, so you might have to buy a new combo and use the parts from it if anything else goes bad.
  5. hhcibtpaun

hhcibtpaun New Member

Thanks for the post. I ended up ordering, so now I just need to wait...

Mike