combining lines with a "T"? (goal post)

Users who are viewing this thread

desmo907

Reaction score
The house I own has too few sprinklers on each zone and too many zones. We have great water pressure and I have tested several zones on at the same time. A landscape friend says I can easily combine some zones with a "T" fitting into 1 valve. I am about to replace the older valves as well since they are ~20 y/o and starting to die.

the lines come into the box direcly into the valve (barbed male end on valve) so I need to change direction of the lines first. Anyway the only way I can think of to combine 2 lines into 1 valve (1" pipe into a male barbed end valve) is to use an elbow for each of the 2 lines to change direction (90 deg) then use a small piece of hose (for each eblow) and then use that to connect to a "T". I can then run a small piece of hose off the single side of the "T" to connect to the barbed valve end.

Essentially I am creating a football goal post.....and I don't find any fitting like this anywhere so suspect I am stuck with this creation.

Thoughts?

BRD

Reaction score
Save yourself a lot of work. Just combine the wires from the two zones and attach them to the same zone terminal on the control box. It will do the same thing as combining them in the field. I will assume at this point that your controller can handle two valves at a time. Most controller today can.

desmo907

Reaction score
I was thinking that too as I now have 10 zones and wanted to get it to 6 so saving only 4 and the costs of the valves are only ~$15/each so the extra cost is only ~$30 given the the costs for extra parts for elbows, Ts, clamps, etc. ---- and the hassle may be a bit less :)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks