Combining 3x3x2 wye + 1/8 turn

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by summilux, May 21, 2008.

1. summilux

summilux New Member

My municipality puts out a book especially for weekend plumbing warriors like me. In this book, a 2" horizontal drain connecting to a 3" horizontal is always shown as a 3x3x3 wye followed by a reducer or a 3x3x3 wye followed by a 3" elbow and then reducer.

I want to connect a 2" wet drain (for shower and lav) to a 3" WC drain. The two drains meet at a 90 degree angle. Is there some reason I can't/shouldn't use a 3x3x2 Wye and a 2" 1/8 turn?

Thanks
  2. Herk

Herk Plumber

In my opinion, using a bushing on a wye is sloppy - the kind of work people do who buy their material at hardware stores.

And tying into your closet line - where is the closet vent? You don't want to tie in ahead of the vent.
  3. summilux

summilux New Member

Herk,

I have posted a plan in another post today (Rough in/venting advice). The 2" wet vents the WC as far as I can tell.

Jonathan
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

fitting

You can do it that way or just buy a 3x3x2 combination Y-1/8 bend and do it with one fitting instead of two.