Combination Wye On Its Back/Side

Users who are viewing this thread

Philwgreen

Reaction score
I was underneath the house the other day and noticed a couple of combination wyes in the plumbing on their backs/sides.

I know there are differences on which fittings can be on their sides/back and I was curious if these were done correctly. We moved into the house about a year and a half ago and my best guess is that these pipes were redone about 5 years ago - but based on the previous owner's other handiwork I wouldn't be surprised if the entire DWV system is wacky.

First one is the drain from a bathroom sink. The vertical continues as a vent through the roof.

On the second, if you can look past the mess of romex (another project for another day) two toilets connect into the main stack with a combination wye on its side.

bath_wye.jpg
toilet_wye.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The combos are fine. A sanitary tee would be improper.

The strapping used is a bit hokey, as is the NM wire that could use some cable staples.

Philwgreen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

If you think the strapping and NM look hokey - you don't even want to see the rest of the basement! We gutted the upstairs and started over - it was bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks