Color matched 100% silicone for Mapei Ultra Color Plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Thunderjet1

Reaction score
I'm getting close to grouting my bathroom tile project and was planning on using the Mapei Ultracolor plus, mainly because it's readily available in my town and I have used it before on smaller projects .
I found it easy to use and my last tile job in my laundry room 5 years ago still looks like new ,so i figured i would go that route again .
The only color matched caulking i've been able to find so far is the Acrylic stuff from Mapei and i understand it's not the best for showers.
I've seen on there website they have Mapeisil but havent been able to locate any locally .
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
The other option i was looking at was Coloriteinc.com ,does anyone have any experience with there products ?
How are they to deal with if so ?

Thanks Kevin

DougB

Reaction score
The other option i was looking at was Coloriteinc.com

I just ordered several tubes from them. They take orders over the .net - but not fully automated. Send them a list of what you want, and they will email back prices - then you return that with your billing info.

I won't be using the caulk for a couple of weeks - so I don't know how it is to work with / appearance.

http://colorriteinc.com/

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
You should get hit from them one more time for shipping costs, Doug. I used Colorsil from them in the wet area of my shower. Its pretty easy to work with, compared to other silicones I've used. Its not cheap, the ordering process is a bit of a pain, but it was worth it if it holds up.

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
Also, when I applied it, I did it like a picture that Roberto posted. I taped both sides of the joint, laid it down, tooled it, pulled the tape, and didn't touch it after that. Without the tape, it'll smear everywhere, and look like crap.

DougB

Reaction score
Also, when I applied it, I did it like a picture that Roberto posted. I taped both sides of the joint, laid it down, tooled it, pulled the tape, and didn't touch it after that. Without the tape, it'll smear everywhere, and look like crap.

I bought a bottle of their Mist & a perfect bead tool. Have you tried that? I always use tape.

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I didn't have the tool and mist. I just gave it the finger. The Colorsil stuffs easier to work with than GE II. With the tool I bet it turns out perfect.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Use denatured alchohol as a mist..... And i mean misty.....laticrete latasil comes in a bevy of colors..... Good juice.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
This is what the matching color from Latasil -- mushroom -- looks like against epoxy pro grout . What I like about the Latasil is that is not so shinny and is pretty close the the epoxy grout .

Tile installation -- expansion joints 003.jpg

Tile installation -- expansion joints 005.jpg

Tile installation -- expansion joints 006.jpg

Tile installation -- expansion joints 008.jpg

Tile installation -- expansion joints 010.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks