Coleman sump pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by LLigetfa, Apr 24, 2011.

1. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

2. LLigetfa

29 views and nobody has an opinion on Coleman pumps?

By comparison, the Ridgid made by Wayne, has a three year warranty.
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pedestal-Sump-Pump

In the past, I would wait until the pump in the hole failed before buying a new one otherwise a new pump in the box could run out of warranty before it went in the hole. With a lifetime warranty that is no longer a factor.
  3. bubb1957

bubb1957 New Member

I am not familiar with Coleman/Franklin. I would stay away from "Big Box" store brands such as Simers, Flotec, Rigid, etc. Sure they carry a "lifetime warranty" but my last lifetime pump lasted 3 months and I was replacing it at 2am with water pouring into the pit. Stick with Zoeller, Liberty, Hydromatic, Stevens. I also have no experience with pedestal pumps, always use submersible. As in most pumps, the switch will quit long before the pump dies.
  4. WellWaterProducts

WellWaterProducts In the trades

Hey admin, how about a "sump, sewage and effluent pump" forum.
  5. LLigetfa

I was not aware any of those had a lifetime warranty. I realize it might not be worth the paper it is written on.

Franklin Electric has been making pump motors for other pump manufacturers such as Goulds. They have acquired quite a few other pump makers over the years.
    http://www.franklin-electric.com/corporate/company/history.aspx