Cold Weather PVC Cement?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by molo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. molo

molo New Member

This week I'm planning on installing a yard drain of 4" diameter, SCH 40 PVC. I want to solvent weld the joints to prevent roots from entering.

It is going to be in the 10 degree Fahrenheit range. Is there a PVC cement that can be used with GOOD results in this temp.? I see there is a brand at Slowes that claims to work down to 0 degrees F.

Thanks in Advance!
    Bill
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; I see there is a brand at Slowes that claims to work down to 0 degrees F.

Then that is what you should use.