Cold water faucet not working

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Pepsiholic, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Pepsiholic

Pepsiholic New Member

My cold water faucet in my kitchen is not working properly. This is the problem. The cold water valve is open, cold water comes out fine. But for some reason, I am unable to turn it off with the faucet knob on top. Even if the knob is turned completely off I can open up the cold water valve and water will pump out. So my question is, is there something that needs to be "adjusted"?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

A picture would help or a brand name. Probably needs a repair part, but hard to tell what from your scant description.
  3. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

The age of the faucet and brand name would be very helpful.