Code relating to venting Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for remodeling

Discussion in 'Illinois Plumbing Code Questions' started by electrotuko, May 14, 2014.

1. electrotuko

electrotuko New Member

I know that the code does not allow to use Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for venting for Illinois.
    Can the AAVs be used for the remodeling, not talking about new construction, talking about Illinois, Kane County.
    Need to add bathtub, shower, vanity-sink and WC in the lower level-waking out basement. No way to add vent pipe through the roof, it is a room above, no space in the walls and etc. The closest vent (4" pipe through the roof) is on existing WC -toilet + shower + laundry sink is 15' away.
    IL code requires 6'.

I would appreciate for an advise - can I use AAV? (without violating the Code of course)
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

There is no separate code for remodeling vs. new construction. If you are doing new plumbing, it must meet the current code.
  3. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

I guarantee there is a way. You might not like it, but there is always a way. Closing in on 40 years in the trade and I have never installed an AAV