code question

Users who are viewing this thread

eagleslawyer

Reaction score
My city uses the ipc 1995 edition as the code. Does anyone know the minimum clearance requirements for

toilet both side and front
lav side and front

I didnt find anything in the UPC online.
I've got an architecture book with the "guidelines" but I dont want to run into any problems.

My toilet is easy to lay out. I'm 12 from center of flange to finished wall and 18 from finished side wall. However, I want to make sure I've got side clearance for a pedistal sink on the side wall.

Check out this link to see if I'm close. This ccity is in midwest and i'm sure they have different issues than east coast cities.

http://www.charlevoixcounty.org/downloads/2003_plumbing_code_requirements.pdf

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
'95 fixture clearances

"406.3.1 Water closets, lavatories and bidets. A water closet, lavatory or bidet shall not be set closer than 15 inches from its center to any side wall, partition, vanity or other obstruction, or closer than 30 inches center-to-center between toilets or adjacent fixtures. There shall be at least 18 inches clearance in front of the water closet or bidet to any wall, fixture or door. Water closet compartments shall not be less than 30 inches wide and 60 inches deep. There shall be at least 18 inches clearance in front of the lavatory to any wall, fixture or door."

1995 IPC Fixture Clearances

Attachments

• 95clr.GIF
    95clr.GIF
    13.4 KB · Views: 10,342
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks