Code for Steam Shower Line/Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by colbymom, Jul 8, 2008.

1. colbymom

colbymom New Member

Need to find out what code says about maximum # of elbows in steam lines, spacing of elbows in steam lines, special considerations when putting steam lines in a wall and if I can or should drain the boiler to the waste pipe or drain it more like a water heater. HELP!

Thanks for your help.

PS. I'm installing a MS400E steam shower generator. I've gone through all their instructions, but am doing the install myself. The supply comes from the hot water (per MR. Steam suggestion) and is 1/2" copper. The drain is also 1/2" copper and water coming from the drain will be hot. 4 hours after use of the steam shower, the system autoflushes and the still hot water comes out the drain.