CO/Massachusetts

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
While I would normally poke fun at Taxachusetts, this is an idea which needs to spread. Governor Romney has just signed "Nicole's Law". It requires installation oc CO alarms in all residences which have fossil fuel burning appliances or have attached enclosed garages.

The press release states that there have been 3000 CO incidents per year, and an alarming number of deaths. This law can eliminate virtuall all the deaths.

I add my strong personal recommendation to install CO alarms in all residences where applicable.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm with you.

I think it would be a good idea to try and convince customers to do this also without the law being in place. I think I am going to start carrying them in my truck and offering them.

Does any one know a good or best brand to carry.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Make Sense To Me, Was My Home

maybe next they'll pass one to keep ted kennedy off the road!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
It would be nice to see these hard wired into the home as well with a battery backup, if the battery dies it keeps making noise till it is replaced. I've walked into many a homes with smoke alarms, no batteries. Kinda like forgetting to put the cap back on the toothpaste, no harm being taken, they think.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
These are flexible - plug it into the wall, or remove the adapter and set it on a counter. Has a 9-volt backup battery. It also shows the levels...long-term low-level exposure may not set off many detectors, but this one will show you the levels.

Attachments

• 00000104558-KiddeNighthawkPremiumPlusKNCOPPB9000076-large.jpeg
    00000104558-KiddeNighthawkPremiumPlusKNCOPPB9000076-large.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 271
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks