Closest Toto Color to American Standard Bone?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dz63, Jul 17, 2012.

1. dz63

dz63 New Member

I currently have an American Standard bone toilet and bone basin in a washroom. Replacing the toilet with a Toto. Toto offers beige, bone, colonial white and cotton. Which color will most closely matches American Standard bone?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I can't answer your question exactly, but I think you can come pretty close. Understand that exact matches are seldom possible. Hang on for a bit, Terry or one of the pros will likely have the answer for you.
  3. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I also read where Toto customer service graciously sent some chips to a guy who asked for them, no charge. Maybe you should call them and ask. 1-888-295-8134 or, if that toll-free doesn't work from Canada, then (770) 282-8686. They are based near Atlanta, Georgia and are very nice.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Toto Color Compatiblility Chart

This may help....doesn't look like there is a good match.
    TOTO Color Compatability Chart.jpg
  5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

So I did some research on Google, and god bless it, Google brought me right back to our beloved forum. The answer seems to suggest that there is hope...that Toto Bone is comparable to A/S Bone.

Here's what Terry said in 2010 on this question -- I quote him gingerly, because his impression may have changed, but he was pretty authoritative and comprehensive at that time:

"American Standard: Bone
    Kohler: Almond
    Toto: Bone
    Mainly sold in the 80's

American Standard Linen
    Kohler Biscuit
    Toto Sedona Beige
    A more recent color choice

American Standard old White
    Kohler White
    Toto Cotton White

American Standard New White, within the last few years.
    Toto Colonial White"

It's from posts 7 (the question) and 8 (Terry's answer) in this thread. See also Terry's little balloon addition to the question in post 5 in the same thread.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

TOTO Bone is the match for American Standard Bone.