close call for family

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Well said

My brother is very active in AA .I'm lucky,I guess did it on My own 23 years ago

Life is good! P S I apoligize for being a dick to You, Guy

I'm only 64 , still trying to grow up :)

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Apology accepted.

I look forward to receiving some friendly advice from you on carpentry matters in the future.

Bassman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
As a recovering person myself, I can tell you that even though you may have stopped drinking, using, etc., you are forever an alcoholic or addict. An alcoholic is always one drink away from complete ruination, no matter how many years of sobriety he/she has, or whatever his/her station in life happens to be.

I appreciate that fact, even though it's difficult for someone who does not have that problem to understand it. I wasn't trying to diminish Toolie's accomplishment, only to say that after such a long time you might consider yourself something ELSE as opposed to an "aholic". It was a good thing that I was trying to convey, a badly presented backhand compliment on such a long history of success.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Even though AA has been around since the 1930's, there is still a stigma attached to alcoholics, whether they are in recovery or not. Your comments show that this stigma is still very much alive, even after 70 years.

Bassman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
Even though AA has been around since the 1930's, there is still a stigma attached to alcoholics, whether they are in recovery or not. Your comments show that this stigma is still very much alive, even after 70 years.
Well, a stigma, by definition, is a mark of disgrace, and I don't have that attitude towards alcoholics. Since you don't know me, I'd ask you kindly to take that as truth.

And now, back to plumbing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks