clogged vent

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mikeL, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mikeL

mikeL New Member

I need help getting a vent unclogged. I have a toliet that gurgles through the bath tub when flushed. It will over time suck the water from the trap and let gas into the house. I have the septic tank pumped and do not have any trouble with anything backing up. I tried using a long pole and poured water through the vent from the roof. Will a snake take care of the problem?

Thanks,
    mike
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

When you poured water in the vent, did the water back up and out of the vent?
  3. mikeL

mikeL New Member

The water never backed up. I poured about 15 gallons down. My wife was in the bathroom as I was pouring the water and she said it gurgled in the tub just as it does when the toliet is flushed. When I had the septic tank pumped the gurgling stopped as soon as the access cover came off, then returned after a couple of days. It returned with a small glurg and continued to get to where it is now. A loud long gurgle. Thanks.

Mike
  4. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

Sounds like the tank is full again, check the outgoing line of the tank, this could be clogged up.