Clogged toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

John1254

Reaction score
I hope some you people can help me out here. The toilet on the second floor of our house is clogging frequently. Every time we use a plunger to unclog it. We called the plumber to fix this problem, but nothing has changed so far. I think the toilet is 4-5 years old and thinking about to replace it. Will it help to solve the problem or do I need to consider another plumbing service? Also, I have contacted some plumbers in Vaughan and chosen to call Greencity Plumbers service Hope they can help us with this situation. Please leave a reply if you have the best solution for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some toilets are just dogs. It is quite possible that there is still something caught in the trapway of the toilet. A toilet auger doesn't always get it out. Something like a crayon, comb, toothbrush, small toy, etc. can clog things up but an auger bypasses it. SOmetimes, you need to pull the toilet to find it.

It could also be that there is some problem in the drain pipe beyond the toilet. So, specific advice may be premature. FWIW, it's not all that hard to pull and reset a toilet. The harder thing is lifting it. IF you can handle that, you might consider doing that and looking at it from the bottom.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the water is very hot, it can melt the wax seal at the floor. I don't recommend hot water being poured in a bowl. If you do, get ready to pull the bowl and install new wax.

1) You can pour cold water from a bucket into the bowl directly and often that will work.
2)Another method with a plunger is to pull out the small portion of the plunger, seat it in the bottom of the bowl. Allow some water to seal around the plunger and using very short strokes up and down, maybe an inch or two, get the water in the bowl vibrating, then barely lift the plunger upward to allow the water in the bowl to suck down.
3)A third method is to use a closet auger to push through the clog. They make two sized, 7/8" on the end and 1-5/8" on the end. I use the larger of the two sizes, and sometimes if I know what has been dropped in, I pull the bowl and push it back from whence it came. That involves replacing the wax seals.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks