Clog/Vent issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by statjunk, Oct 24, 2007.

1. statjunk

statjunk DIY Senior Member

Hey guys,

Ran into an issue in my bathroom yesterday that isn't cool. Hoping you guys can explain what is going on. Here's the scoop:

Recently my bath tub started to drain slow. Simultaneously while the tub is draining the toilet will bubble. Now the minute I turn on the shower the toilet will immediately start to bubble.

Any ideas?

Hopefully this is an easy fix. I don't need anymore projects.

Thanks

Tom
  2. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Sounds like You have a blockage,clear it
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

bubbles

More precisely, you have a main line stoppage and you do not have the experience or equipment to DIY.
  4. statjunk

statjunk DIY Senior Member

Is this best delt with by local plumber or a roto rooter type company?

Last plumber I had at my place says he doesn't even snake lines anymore.

Tom
  5. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Ask friends and neighbors for references ,
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

Local plumber who snakes lines, not a national franchise such as your second choice.
  7. Majus

Majus New Member

Would you elaborate on your reply? I've used the "national franchise" mentioned and they seem to do a good job. I had planned on calling them this week to clear a clogged line for me.

Just curious...
  8. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I would not go with that company the prices they charge around here is atleast $200.00 more than I charge :eek:

If you call around and ask for a price over the phone you will be better off. Knowing the over all length will help to get a price before they come out.

If you used any company before the prices have gone up sometimes alot over the years.

I work for the other National Franchise by the way.