Cleanout Tie in

Users who are viewing this thread

johnny_mac

Reaction score
Have a question with this existing section shown in picture. It is 3 inch copper DWV handling a water closet, sink and shower upstream. The shower and sink tie in with 2 inch copper and is a wet vent combination. The 3" wye shown does not have the opening to match 4" XH pipe going out. The sump pump was pipe to go out thru 2" front hub.

What I would like to do is remove this section including 3" wye and spigot area, then replace with Charlotte cast iron 4" wye w/ 2" right hand side outlet. The 4" wye would have a cleanout with 3 1/2 brass plug and sump pump would be piped into the 2" outlet side. The before and after shown in picture.

Would this be code acceptable.

Thanks, Johnnymac

Attachments

• Cleanout tie in.jpg
    Cleanout tie in.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 556

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You need to check local code for handling the water from the sump, as in most places it would be in violation to pipe it to a municipal sewer.

johnny_mac

Reaction score
I am not sure where you would EVER find a "Y" with a side inlet.
There is no problem getting the fitting..,it is a Charlotte SV57A in stock. The main concern, is it acceptable to pipe in sump to side inlet. If not, would go with with standard wye with no side inlet and have just the clean out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks