Cleaning urinals

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffH

Reaction score
any good way to mechanically or otherwise clean wall hung w/ trap urinals without removing from wall? Small auger possibly? Which one?. Would like to remove that nasty urine mineral deposits as a general maint program. I know some folks use muriatic acid/water, but would like a chemical free process. How'bout peroxide/vinegar?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
kordts said:
I get Urinal Kleen from my supply house.

Save yourself some money, but charge the same (Urinal Kleen)

Urinal Kleen aka hydrochloric acid with Red #5 food coloring $15-$20

Muriatic Acid aka hydrochloric acid with no food coloring $4-$8 found at any big box store.....a definite plus when you get a call at a bar or restaurant after the supply houses close.

I had a urinal auger on my truck for 4 years, broke it the first time I used it on a wall hung. Last resort was acid and I should of used it from the go, and kept my auger in good shape.

Told my boss how to save money when I was a union plumber about the acid similarity, didn't believe me. Told him to look up the MSDS sheets to prove they are the same damn thing.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Go ahead. take it apart and run an electric snake through it to do a real good job.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
JeffH said:
any good way to mechanically or otherwise clean wall hung w/ trap urinals without removing from wall? Small auger possibly? Which one?. Would like to remove that nasty urine mineral deposits as a general maint program. I know some folks use muriatic acid/water, but would like a chemical free process. How'bout peroxide/vinegar?

The peroxide will make the mineral deposits nice and white.

The vinegar is a weak acid and will take multipule applications and days to work. The muriatic will do the job but be very carefull of the fumes. Pull it and do it outside. Snake the drain line while the acid is working outside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks