Cleaning a CEFIONTECT surface Cefiontect

Users who are viewing this thread

Shimmies99

Reaction score
Can I use regular bowl cleaner, tidy bowl, lysol whatever- to safely clean sana gloss toto? It says don't use acid or alkaline, but I assume they mean extreme acid or alkaline such as pure bleach. thanks

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, any of those are OK.

You don't want to use abrasives, like Ajax, Comet, Barkeeper's Friend, Bon Ami...

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cefiontect_instructions.pdf

• Use a mild dish detergent to clean your lavatory.
• Use a gel-based toilet bowl cleaner.
• Use a soft cloth to clean your lavatory.
• Use a soft-bristled plastic brush to clean your toilet.

toto-bowl-cleaning.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PirateFoxy

Reaction score
So I'm thinking for our new Vespin the Clorox disposable toilet wand is out?

Any recommendations for a toilet brush that is good and safe for the toilet but rinses clean easily after use? I dislike normal toilet brushes because the bristles just seem designed to harbor germs.

Meenie

Reaction score
The instructions with mine are specific:
"DO use a gel based cleaner
DO NOT use bleach, chemical thinners, or products include acid or alkaline detergents in their ingredients"

It does not say its OK if the product has just a little of those things!

My question, then, is what to use. The bowl cleaner I used to use (Lysol) has hydrochloric acid, so that's out.
I looked up gel toilet cleaners and two came up... Clorox - which contains BLEACH so that's no good
And scrubbing bubbles, a disc you stick onto the side of the bowl!
So what gel product is out there for this toilet??

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't have an official recommendation. I have tried those things that were said to be too strong. They were not strong enough for a narrow stubborn ring, but I did not notice damage after using them. Pumie brand pumice stick was effective. It may have done invisible damage, but it was the only thing that worked for me.

Go at potential rings and deposits early, before you see anything, so it does not come to that with you.

glbnow

Reaction score
What specifically is meant by "mild dish detergent"?
Dish-washing soap (like Dawn) or a gel that goes in your automatic dishwasher (like Cascade)?

I have bad hard water stains in the very bottom of the bowl (the visible part of the trap, not sure if this section has a name)
Does the CEFIONTECT extend to this region, or am I free something non-Sanaglass friendly in this part?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks